The Benefits of Drop Shipping
There are a number of reasons you should consider drop shipping:
1. You Don’t Need Buckets of Money: Drop shipping makes it amazingly easy to get started selling online. You don’t need to invest heavily in inventory, yet you can still offer thousands of items to your customers.
2. Convenience & Efficiency: Successfully launching and growing an ecommerce business takes a lot of work, especially if you have limited resources. Not having to worry about fulfillment is incredibly convenient and frees up your time to concentrate on your marketing plan, customer service, and operations
3. Mobility: With all the physical fulfillment issues handled, you’re free to operate your business anywhere you can get an internet connection.
4. It’s a Trusted Model: You might be thinking that this sounds like some sketchy, fly-by-night model – but it’s not. Plenty of Shopify online stores, even major retailers like Sears, use drop shipping to offer a wider selection of products to their customers without having to deal with increased inventory hassles.
3 Ways to Use Google to Find Wholesalers
1. Search Extensively: Wholesalers and drop shippers are notoriously bad at SEO and marketing, and usually aren’t going to pop up on the first page of Google for a term like “handbag wholesaler.” Instead, you’ll need to dig deep into the search results, often going through 10 or 20 pages of listings.
2. Don’t Judge by the Cover: Suppliers also tend to have outdated, late ‘90s-era websites. So don’t be scared away by abysmal design and layout. While a sleek, modern site could signal a great supplier, a low-quality one doesn’t necessarily indicate a bad one.
3. Use Lots of Modifiers: As you hunt for suppliers, don’t stop with a search for “wholesale” – make sure to use other modifier terms, including “distributor” , “reseller” , “bulk” , “warehouse” and “supplier.”